Our Doggies

Our Doggies
Louis in the back and Ella in the front

Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Ten "Wonky" things you didn't know about me...

10. I have a "wonky" smile. My bottom lip smiles diagonally, so the right side is lower than the left.

9. I have a "wonky" ability to hear everything! I am blessed to have really good hearing, especially since my husband is almost deaf. However, hearing every little sound can really drive one crazy. And because of this, little noises make me go berserk (spelling?). Continual noises are hardest to tolerate - tapping feet, clicking pens, snapping gum...

8. I have a "wonky" obsession with time. I can't stand being late to anything! I also can't stand when I have plans with someone and they're late. I've learned, however, that I am one of the few people who are obsessed with time...so I have to deal with it and get over it. It absolutely kills me if I am 10 seconds late to anything. I think I blame my mom for this, because she's the exact opposite. She's on "DM" time ;) Love ya, mom!

7. I am "wonky" about receipts. I save every single one, temporarily. It goes immediately into my wallet. When I get home, I immediately have to balance my checkbook to the penny. Then, the receipt either gets shredded or filed. I get really anxious if a receipt is in my wallet for more than two days. It makes me feel behind. Leah has tried to convince me that I am too anal about receipts, but I can't help myself.

6. I am a "wonky" lover of eating out. I do enjoy a good home-cooked meal and am blessed with an amazing chef-of-a-husband. However, I live for eating out!!! But... I have to put my several favorite restaurants on a rotations. I can't eat at the same restaurant twice out of rotation. And... I eat the exact same thing at every restaurant. When I find something good, I stick to it or I am sure to be disappointed.

5. I have a "wonky" way of talking myself out of things I don't want to do. For instance, I packed a bag to go to the gym today because I have a race on Saturday. I fully intended on going until a thought popped in my head: "I have to get to Wal-Mart to buy dog food...I'll go running when I get home...Now that I'm home, I have an aweful lot of papers to grade...Papers to grade? Hm, nah, let's write a new blog." I think it might be referred to as adult ADD.

4. I hear "wonky" sounds in my head. No, not voices, sounds. I guess this kind of relates to #9. When we lived in our last apartment, I thought our upstairs neighbor was on an elliptical machine because I constantly heard this "whoosh, whoosh" sound in my ear. Nobody else could hear it, which once again means I have a "wonky" sense of sound. Then, we moved to the townhouse. No upstairs neighbor on elliptical. However, I still hear that sound when I'm on the couch. Maybe it's my neighbor, Neil with an I on his elliptical. Seriously, I hear things nobody else hears.

3. I have a "wonky" appetite. See bucket list. I am a vegetarian who doesn't eat vegetables. I could, however, survive on cheese, bread, and tomatoes alone. Most of the foods I eat inclue those three items (grilled cheese, quesadillas, tomato sandwich, etc.)

2. I am "wonky" about talking on the telephone. Pretty much, I don't like it. I'd much rather talk to someone in person, or through email. It's strange, I know.

1. I am really "wonky" about public speaking. Even in small groups. My chest turns red and splotchy, my voice (and body) shakes. I can't figure out why. I am getting better, thanks to the practice in grad school. However, I still get really freaked out. Hopefully when I am a principal, this will go away.

Just FYI, "wonky" means "weird"...it's just more fun to say.

No comments:

Post a Comment